SAVETIC | © 2021
The program had more than 400 startup applicants from countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Venezuela, Peru, Paraguay, the United States, Canada and some European countries.
After the final pitch of the GLOCAL AgriFoodTech Latam Program 2021, the 3 winning startups of the contest were awarded.
“During the four months of the Program we achieved a reach of more than one million people throughout Latin America, actions enhanced by GLOCAL’s extensive network and Community”, highlighted from the organization of the AgriFoodTech Latam Program 2021.
AgriFoodTech Latam 2021
The program had more than 400 startup applicants from countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Venezuela, Peru, Paraguay, United States, Canada and some European countries. Through an in-depth analysis, the GLOCAL team defined the 10 finalists that have a triple-impact business model and dream of revolutionizing the agri-food world through disruptive solutions.
The winning startup, chosen by the jury, was Done Properly. In turn, the public through GLOCAL’s social networks proclaimed their favorite. More than 2,200 people participated in the vote, favoring Muda Meu Mundo, which obtained 58% of the total.
Finally, the GLOCAL team selected Savefruit.
“For the great performance and business idea of the 10 finalists, there was a big surprise when it was announced that all of them will receive the acceleration process”, they announced. The special “Fastrack to UK award 2021”, by the Department for International Trade, was also presented to Savetic and Done Properly.
Below are the 10 finalist startups of the AgriFoodTech Latam Program:
1. Savetic (Argentina): Technology that analyzes data in real time to reduce losses due to stock expiration of retailers and mass consumption companies.
2. Agrolend (Brazil): Agile and secure credit granting to agricultural producers.
Savefuit (Mexico): Biotechnology applied to post-harvest to extend the life of fruits, maintain their quality and extend their freshness.
4. Cattler (Argentina): Technology for modern, efficient and sustainable livestock farming.
5. Muda Meu Mundo (Brazil): Connection between small producers and retailers through data intelligence to generate positive impact throughout the chain.
6. Clear Leaf (Costa Rica): Nanotechnology in 100% non-toxic fungicides and bactericides for agricultural use.
7. Ckapur (Argentina): Bioinputs to increase agricultural production in a sustainable manner.
8. Done Properly (Chile): Development of ingredients of the future through fermentation technology.
9. EthicHub (Spain/Mexico): Sustainable, agile and secure financing for small producers through blockchain.
10. Pow Foods (Chile): Animal-free, healthier and more nutritious food.
The winners were chosen by a jury of industry experts composed of:
Sebastian Calvo: CEO of Red Surcos
Agustin Záffora: Regional Quality & Innovation Manager LATAM at Boortmalt
Carin Gerhardt: Director of Corporate Innovation at Thrive
Marina Baima: Secretary of Science, Technology and Innovation – Santa Fe Government
Sergio Simonsini: Manager of Corporate Strategy and Business Development at Bioceres
Hernan Castro: CFO of GLOCAL.
“We are very happy with the objectives and the scope achieved throughout the Program and grateful for every action taken by referents, professionals, companies and institutions that supported us globally”, concluded GLOCAL.
SAVETIC | © 2021